- The Dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation continues for everyone in the Diocese of Laredo. Therefore, those who, at this time, do not choose to attend public Sunday Mass do not commit sin. In particular, people with symptoms associated with COVID-19, people with underlying health conditions, the elderly, pregnant women, and those that have been in close proximity with people who have tested positive for COVID-19 should remain at home. For the benefit of all, we will continue to live stream all weekend Masses (regular schedule).
- Current capacity restriction is 25% per Mass. Extra seating will be available in the parish hall.
- Mask must be used by anyone over the age of 2 entering the church.
- Social Distancing practices are to enforced the entire time the people are on church property (6 feet apart), including when standing in line to receive Holy Communion.
- Holy Communion will be distributed at the end of the Mass only in the hands. After communion we asked you to exit the church and make a prayer of thanksgiving in your vehicle.
- The collection will be received at the doors of the Church either before or after the celebration of the Mass.
- Parishioners are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- For more information please visit the diocese website or Facebook page.
God Be With You
The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ? Because the loaf of bread is one, we, though many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.
– 1 Corinthians 10:16-17
Congratulations to our Altar Servers:
Ximena Velazquez and Ximena Garcia Zua Zua who received their Eucharistic Cross (purple cord) for 10 years of service.
And to Jesus Zamora, Lorena Zamora, Roberto D. Garcia, Renata Garcia Zua Zua, Jesus Tovar, III, Airamy Martinez, Kassandra Escobar, Paulina Escobar, Esteban Ontiveros who received the Eucharistic Cross (red cord) for 3 years of service.
Mass at 8:30 a.m.
Parish & CCD Offices Closed on Thursday and Friday
We wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Day!
In Honor of the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, we will pray the Rosary everyday at 7pm.
Please join us via Facebook Live. If you would like to participate by leading one of the Rosaries, please call the Parish Office to sign up.
Beginning the 1st Sunday of Advent (Nov. 29) the 5:30 pm Sunday Mass will be open to the public at 25% capacity.
Veterans Day is monday, November 11th. To all who have served in the Armed Forces, we thank you. Your service to our country is very much appreciated. We ask God’s blessing on you and your families.
Veterans Day Prayer:
Dear Lord, today we honor our veterans, worthy men and women who gave their best when they were called upon to serve and protect their country. We pray that you will bless them, Lord, for their unselfish service in the continual struggle to preserve our freedoms, safety, and our country’s heritage. Bless them abundantly for the hardships they faced and for the sacrifices they made. We respect them, we thank them, we honor them, we are proud of them, and pray that you will watch over these special people and bless them with peace and happiness. In Jesus’ name we pray; Amen.
By Joanna Fuchs
November 1st (All Saints Day) is normally a holy day of obligation, but due to restrictions mass will be celebrated thusly:
- 7:00 pm —Open to the public (25% capacity)
- 7:30 am —Virtual Only (Facebook live)
Sacred Heart keeps its long tradition of helping the needy by having its annual FOOD DRIVE.
Are you willing and ready to make a change? Then ACT ON IT!
Thanksgiving is a special day for all of us to thank God along with our family for all the graces and blessings. As we know, “When we share our joy with others it doubles” and so we invite you to experience the Power and Relevance of the Divine Mercy everyday by helping someone in need. We kindly ask each family to follow the schedule and bring the items that will make a Thanksgiving Dinner and make a difference in the life of a family in need. The first item for next weekend is a can of corn and green beans.
Every drop of water makes the ocean; so too, if everyone contributes we can make a change in the life of our brothers and sisters in need.
- October 24th & 25th – Corn & Green Beans
- October 31st & Nov. 1st – Mashed Potatoes Boxes
- November 7th & 8th – Stuffing & Gravy
- November 14th & 15th – Turkeys