We ask God to bless all our children who received their First Communion during the month of May.
May God bless them, their parents and families.
- The Dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation continues for everyone in the Diocese of Laredo. Therefore, those who, at this time, do not choose to attend public Sunday Mass do not commit sin. In particular, people with symptoms associated with COVID-19, people with underlying health conditions, the elderly, pregnant women, and those that have been in close proximity with people who have tested positive for COVID-19 should remain at home. For the benefit of all, we will continue to live stream all weekend Masses (regular schedule).
- Current capacity restriction is 25% per Mass. Extra seating will be available in the parish hall.
- Mask must be used by anyone over the age of 2 entering the church.
- Social Distancing practices are to enforced the entire time the people are on church property (6 feet apart), including when standing in line to receive Holy Communion.
- Holy Communion will be distributed at the end of the Mass only in the hands. After communion we asked you to exit the church and make a prayer of thanksgiving in your vehicle.
- The collection will be received at the doors of the Church either before or after the celebration of the Mass.
- Parishioners are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- For more information please visit the diocese website or Facebook page.
Congratulations Deacon Manuel Rene Cardona (July 1) On the 30th Anniversary of his Ordination to the Diaconate!
May God bless him in his ministry and may he continue to serve God’s people with great joy and commitment.
God our Father, We give you thanks and praise for fathers
young and old. We pray for young fathers, newly embracing
their vocation; May they find courage and perseverance to
balance work, family and faith in joy and sacrifice.
We pray for all the Fathers around the world whose children are
lost or suffering; May they know that the God of
compassion walks with them in their sorrow.
We pray for men who are not fathers but still mentor and guide
us with fatherly love and advice.
We remember fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers who
are no longer with us, but who live forever in our memory and
nourish us with their love.
May the Almighty Father, bless them all.
Thank you to those who continue to support our parish with your weekly offering. You can bring your envelopes and or donation to the rectory office.
To celebrate the Feast of Sacred Heart of Jesus we will have a Solemn Mass on Friday, June 19 at 6pm follow by the Holy Hour.
The Mass will be open to the public, we will follow the same restrictions as Sunday Mass.
On Saturday, June 20, at 7pm we will have an online Baptism class through Zoom.
You must register at the Parish Office Monday thru Friday to take the class.
On May 21st we celebrate the Feast of St. Eugene de Mazenod, OMI, founder of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, Patron Saint of the Dysfunctional Families.
We entrust all of our families under his care and pray that through his intercession we may follow Our Lord Jesus very closely.
Prayer to St. Eugene
God of Mercy, bring to my family and me a more favorable future.
Restore in us what is lacking in love, unity and peace.
Keep us focused on Jesus, your Son.
May He, our Savior and Lord, touch us with tenderness, and end our present pain and sorrow.
Through the prayers of St. Eugene de Mazenod, Patron Saint of troubled and dysfunctional families, may our difficulties be lifted as we experience the healing power of Your love for us.
Through the gift of your grace, transform our struggles into stepping stones leading to your Kingdom. Fill our hearts with joy and trust as we continue our journey forward in faith. Lead us to wholeness, holiness, and heavenly glory.
Saint Eugene, Pray for Us.