- The Dispensation from Obligation to attend Mass will be lifted on Saturday, July 31.
- Catholics are obliged to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation beginning on Saturday, July 31.
- As of July 31, the use of masks is encouraged.
- For the fully vaccinated, masks will be optional. Those not fully vaccinated must continue to use a mask.
- Clergy and liturgical ministers will continue to use masks, especially when distributing Holy Communion.
- The following may still be dispensed from their obligation:
- Those that are ill, especially with contagious or communicable conditions such as COVID-19.
- The elderly, especially when age creates a greater risk of infection of the coronavirus.
- Caregivers of someone who falls in these parameters.
Open to the public:
- Monday Rosary at 6:30 pm & Mass at 7:00 pm.
- Tuesday to Friday Rosary at 7:00 am and Mass at 7:30 am
If you have not made your First Communion or been Confirmed, and would like to do so and/or wish to get married by Church in 2021, now is the time to take your classes to receive your sacraments. We have classes in English and Spanish.
For more information please call Sonia at 773-2451.
For more information, visit this page.
His Excellency, Most Rev. James A. Tamayo, D.D., joyfully announces the ordination of 12 candidates to the Permanent Diaconate including our very own Dr. Carlos E. Hernandez.
The Ordination is scheduled for June 12 at 10:00 am at San Agustin Cathedra. Please, pray for them as they wholeheartedly respond in pastoral service to God and the people of the Diocese of Laredo.
We need lectors for all the Masses.
Lectors are those who are committed to the ministry of the Word of God. Through prayerful proclamation, lectors embody the Sacred Word in a very special way. God’s Word is alive and active and the presence of Christ radiates from its proclamation at the liturgy. If you feel called to this sacred ministry, call the Parish Office at 773-2451.
June 20th is Father’s Day.
Again this year we wish to remember our dear fathers who have been called by God to eternal life. But due to the pandemic we are not able to place the books in the church. Therefore, we invite you to call the Parish Office to add the names of your deceased fathers. They will be remembered and prayed for at all the Masses on Father’s Day.
On May 21st we celebrate the Feast of St. Eugene de Mazenod, OMI, founder of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, Patron Saint of the Dysfunctional Families.
We entrust all of our families under his care and pray that through his intercession we may follow Our Lord Jesus very closely.
Prayer to St. Eugene
God of Mercy, bring to my family and me a more favorable future.
Restore in us what is lacking in love, unity and peace.
Keep us focused on Jesus, your Son.
May He, our Savior and Lord, touch us with tenderness, and end our present pain and sorrow.
Through the prayers of St. Eugene de Mazenod, Patron Saint of troubled and dysfunctional families, may our difficulties be lifted as we experience the healing power of Your love for us.
Through the gift of your grace, transform our struggles into stepping stones leading to your Kingdom. Fill our hearts with joy and trust as we continue our journey forward in faith. Lead us to wholeness, holiness, and heavenly glory.
Saint Eugene, Pray for Us.